Benjamin C. Miller
Director, Office of Audit and Compliance
1133 North Capitol Street N.E. Suite 143
Washington, DC 20002
Telephone : (202) 535-1900
Fax: (202) 535-1036
The Office of Audit and Compliance is an independent appraisal function established to examine and evaluate the DC Housing Authority’s activities as a service to the agency. The OAC serves the DCHA by helping to identify and reduce risks; ensuring policies, procedures, laws and regulations are followed, established standards are met, resources are used efficiently and effectively, and DCHA objectives are achieved.
The OAC provides the following services:
- Conducts financial and financial-related audits.
- Conducts compliance and quality assurance reviews of operating controls and transactions to determine compliance with laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Conducts performance/operational audits to determine efficiency, economy, effectiveness of all program areas and operations.
- Provides Resident Councils with analyses, recommendations, and technical assistance concerning their financial operations and internal control activities.
- Conducts criminal and administrative investigations involving allegations of impropriety, fraud, criminal activities, etc.
- Serves as liaison and coordinator of DCHA's interest with HUD, local and federal regulatory and investigative bodies.
- Responds to requests from the Board of Commissioners, the Executive Director and the Senior Management team for independent analyses of management or internal control systems.
- Coordinates audit efforts between internal and external auditors to avoid duplication of efforts.
The Office of Audit and Compliance maintains a toll free hotline at 1-888-535-3995. To report fraud, waste, abuse, other violations of law, or to request an investigation, call the OAC. The employee or other complainant may remain anonymous.